Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The BEST way to eat zucchini...Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Ok...so I will admit right up front I have eaten this for breakfast at least the last four yes FOUR days...
My mom has made this for years, they used to be called Zucchini Brownies but they really aren't brownie-ish and I had a sister who just couldn't take it...so we now call it cake. It is much more fitting and just as delish! IT IS SO GOOD! Oh and...way way easy!


Chocolate Zucchini Cake

2 cups finely grated zucchini
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil*
1/4 cup cocoa
2 tsp vanilla


Mix together, it may seem dry at first but just keep stirring until all large lumps are gone and it will turn super moist!

Butter and flour a 9X13 pan pour in batter and bake @ 375 for 20-25 min. 

Wait til cool and frost with your favorite chocolate frosting...or use my recipe:


Chocolate Frosting

1/2 cup softened butter
3-6 table spoons cocoa (to taste)
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all together, and add powdered sugar (at least 2 cups) and milk to desired taste and consistency. 

*can replace with applesauce (I usually do half and half)

2 comments:

There was an error in this gadget