Thursday, April 19, 2012

Finger Weave Bracelets


Ok...so I have been gone forever! I mean look at this! I haven't even posted any treats! That is when you know I have lost my mind in a whirl wind of way too much to do! I have had my sisters wedding shower, wedding and all the TONS AND TONS of DIY and planning we did for her so that pretty much consumed my life...I will try and post about it soon but good grief she got married the 7th and with at least a month of neglect for everything not wedding leading up to it I may NEVER catch up. 

But one thing I can always count on in YW. I can't neglect that...I do...but I can't. It makes sense to me ha ha! So for an activity we did a really fun thing!!! We took the colors personality test, and then were going to make these cute finger weave bracelets in the color they were...well much to my surprise my 12-13 year old lovelies took the whole hour and a half just on the test so we pushed these back to the next week but it was good because then I just told them to bring an old shirt they had permission to cut up to make their bracelet with! It was a hit...and lets face it, it way showed their personality more! So here is how I taught myself and a pack of beehives:



















how many fingers you use will determine how thick your bracelet will end up.okay...
*first you are going to take your 1" strips and cut on your ends a 1/4" slit.

next take your slits and line them up ends together, 
now take your bottom strip and pull it through the slits from TOP to bottom gently pull till you get a little knot.

with your connected strips we are now going to weave the strip in and out of our fingers.

bring one big loop around to face you (from the pinky to pointer)

take your weaved loops and go over your finger and big loop


continue to do so with all the fingers going in order.

when you get to the end make a new loop and start the process all over again!

once you get like 6 chains done, take your starting tail and gently pull (while your chain is still securely placed on your fingers!) so that you can get a good feel as to how long you need to make your chain, depending on your wrist size.

once you have a long enough chain, carefully pull the loops off your fingers, making sure you don't undo any of the chain by losing the loops!


slip the end you used to hold in your thumb into loops.


pull all the way through, and gently tug the end.

tie off your bracelet with a knot.

cut off excess tails




so by using 2, 3, or 4 fingers, you get:

side view.
and top view of thickness.

Method and bottom 3 pics from V and Co! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget