Friday, March 16, 2012

Vanishing Breakfast Rolls



I remember learning how to make these in homeroom in Jr High, best thing they probably taught me. :) I made them for the first time since then the other day and OH MY WORD! So good...in fact I want to make them again just thinking about it! 

It is really simple so I decided to do a fun St Patricks day thing where I showed my little guy the regular mallow's then died them green by throwing a little food coloring in and shaking them up. It worked great! When they were done the rolls were gooey and hollow and bright green inside! (True to myself I ate them all before getting a picture so there is no proof of the green! But it worked!) I told him the leprechauns came and stole them and it turned green! It was fun! I have also seen where people use something like this as a Easter metaphor! Awesome, where they say the marshmallow represents Jesus in the tomb and then the empty tomb! I am so doing it again for that! I'll re post with more details! 
 

Vanishing Breakfast Rolls

1 package refrigerated biscuits
1/4 cup sugar1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
8 large marshmallows
1/4 cup butter, melted

Separate rolls and flatten (I found using a rolling pin is the easiest!). Combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip each marshmallow into butter, roll in cinnamon-sugar and place on a triangle. (I didn't have large mallow's so little was great and I just threw most the sugar and butter into a bowl and shook. It worked so great I would for sure do it with big ones too! Much faster.) Pinch dough around marshmallow, sealing all edges. 

*Make sure to seal well or all the marshmallow will escape.

Brush tops of dough into remaining butter and cinnamon-sugar. Place with sugar side up in greased muffin cups. It helps to use jumbo muffin tins so that the juice doesn't overflow. 

Bake at 375 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes. Eat warm.
Finished product pic from the girl who ate everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget