Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crispy Peanut Butter Brownies (aka Crack Brownies)!

Ok, I am a visual person...I saw these brownies and they looked amazing! I saved the recipe on pinterest then when I went to get the recipe I saw they name they were lovingly given. Crack Brownies; because she said she might be safer perusing an illegal drug addiction than making these brownies...and its true. I couldn't possibly think of a more delicious first post on my new and hopefully forever blog!


My first change...the original recipe called for 1 cup of chopped Reese's I doubled to two cups or just a whole package of Reese's. Who would't love more pb cups???
 The second??? I just didn't add the peanuts. My dad would have probably liked them...he likes a lot of stuff. But I typically don't love nuts cooked into stuff...love them on, but not always in. Also, we had kids...but like I said they were amazing...



I made these to take to a friends house and adapted it a little because we have kids but oh my gosh! So so good! The kids all got busy and didn't have any but the four adults...yeah...we polished of 3/4 of a 9x13 pan! Wow! So good!




Crack Brownies
1 recipe for brownies, or use a boxed mix
2 C. or one package chopped Reese's peanut butter cups
2 C. mini marshmallows
1 1/2 C. chocolate chips
1 1/2 C. creamy peanut butter
2 C. Rice Krispies cereal
Optional: 1/2 C. salted peanuts (I didn't add them)


Butter a 9x13 baking dish, or line it with parchment paper. Mix brownies according to directions and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with peanut butter cups and marshmallows (and if desired peanuts). Return to oven for five minutes, or until marshmallows puff and brown and chocolate starts to melt.
Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in microwave or on low over stovetop; stir in Rice Krispies. Pour mixture evenly on top of baked brownies. Refrigerate for two hours before serving.

I love them chilled and I took pictures while making them...but once we started eating they were gone way too fast!!! So thanks to Pip & Ebby for the original recipe and the finished photo!





4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Now I will be pinning YOUR page! My mouth is watering as we speak! You really made this recipe into something special! I would love for you to consider linking this up at my "Drab to Fab" party every friday over at my blog Sugar and Spice. You can read all about the link party here:
    http://www.amynjesse.com/p/drab-to-fab.html

    Really hope to see you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks devine and I have all of the ingredients already!I'm not a fan of the nuts in and would also leave that out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you have some other yummy recipes on your blog! I'm now ready to gain 5 pounds and be your newest follower! :D

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget